Thank you for your interest in the project, the survey and impact diaries are now closed. Thank you to everyone who shared their impacts.
Crohn’s & Colitis UK have commissioned a study, run by Common Collective, to deepen their understanding of the ways that Crohn’s and Colitis affects the lives of people living with the conditions in the UK. The project involves two surveys as well as an optional diary element with a small number of people.
To be contacted for the second survey, you will need to enter your email when you submit your survey answers (see data protection and privacy notice below). You are under no obligation to do this.
What does taking part involve?
Survey 1 (Winter 2023)
In the first survey we ask you questions about:
- The ways that living with Crohn’s or Colitis has affected you and your life - you will share your answers by writing in your experiences.
- Your Crohn’s or Colitis - such as your age of diagnosis and questions about how your condition affects you.
- Your personal characteristics: age, gender, ethnicity, and which part of the United Kingdom you live in.
Survey 2 (Spring 2024)
In the second short survey (which we will send in Spring next year) we will ask you to follow up on some of the main ways the condition affects you and the Crohn's and Colitis community. We expect it will take around 10 minutes to complete.
Diaries (Winter 2023)
The diaries will involve a smaller number of people. They will help us understand the ways Crohn's and Colitis impacts peoples lives in more detail, and give space for those impacts which might not be immediately brought to mind in a survey, but are still profound and important. The diaries will involve completing three reflection activities over the course of a week.
How will we use your data?
These anonymous survey and diary answers will be used in the analysis so we can examine how Crohn’s and Colitis affects the lives of people living with the condition.
You are under no obligation to take part in the survey.
In order to take part you must:
- Be diagnosed with Crohn’s, Colitis or another form of IBD
- Be 18 years+
- Live in the UK
If you have any questions about the content, experience of participating, or data security, please contact our data privacy officer, Kat Jennings: MyData@common-collective.org
Project specific data protection and privacy notice
In addition we would like to note:
- Contact details (i.e. email) are optional. Providing your email indicates that you consent to being emailed the second survey.
- Additionally, you must opt in to receive invitations to participate in the diary research. You will not be contacted if you do not opt in.
- Email addresses will only be used for the purpose of this study and will only be used by our data manager for the purpose of recontacting you. They will be deleted within 28 days of the end of the research project.